JOB DESCRIPTION FOR PERSONAL ASSISTANT
This position is part time / on-call only
Definition of live in care: Staying with a Client 24 hours around the clock until you are relieved after set amount of days worked. Definition for hourly care: Staying with a Client during the hours scheduled and providing the following services. Job Duties: Homemaking services and basic non-medical care. The environment, accommodations and cleanliness of the Client’s home may vary drastically. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
1.) HOUSEKEEPING:(10% of your shift should be dedicated to housekeeping)
Contribute to the maintenance and comfort of the client as necessary. Duties include meal preparation, thoroughly cleaning bathrooms and kitchen daily, washing dishes, bed making, dusting, vacuuming, mopping and laundry and any other light housekeeping duties as requested.
2.) PROVIDE COMPANIONSHIP AND GENERAL SUPPORT:
A. Provide physical and emotional support.
B. Help maintain good standards of personal hygiene and nutrition.
C. Monitor and record activities of daily living and food/beverage intake.
D. Promote mental alertness through reading, games, conversation and other activities as indicated.
E. When appropriate, help Client develop highest functional self-help skills by providing meal planning and preparation, list making and shopping as necessary.
F. Encouraging Client to do whatever they can for themselves, but provide whatever personal support they might need.
G. MUST be compassionate!
3.) PROVIDE PERSONAL CARE:
A. Help with bath, mouth, skin, hair and nail care.
B. Help with toileting: Getting to bathroom, bedpan, commode, incontinence care and changing of adult briefs.
C. Help in and out of bed or chair.
D. Assist with ambulating, transfer or lift 50lbs regularly.
E. Promptly report changes in Clients condition or accidents to Office.
F. Provide pressure ulcer prevention.
4.) QUALIFICATIONS: The ability to:
1. Follow oral and written directions.
2. Record detailed daily documentation, includes: service journals, activity logs and progress notes.
3. Be sympathetic toward the elderly or infirm.
4. Demonstrate high personal grooming and hygiene standards.
5. Provide nutritious meal preparation and follow special, diabetic, low salt, soft, etc.
6. Maintain good housekeeping and sanitation methods.
7. Tolerate mood swings and redirect difficult behaviors.
8. Adapt to various personalities and changing physical conditions.
9. Adapt to a wide variety of environments, accommodations and cleanliness of Client’s homes.
10. Cooperate and communicate with supervisory personnel.
11. Protect the Clients privacy and rights.
12. Be on time to assignments and call if not able to.
13. Regularly lift 25lbs or more over your head.
14. Drive in unfavorable conditions on a regular basis.